Friday, June 1, 2012

Dear M,

You aren’t my ex, not really anyways. We were seeing each other in high school, but you chose her over me. And then you went off to college. We kind of kept in contact but nothing too extensive. Then you came home and I was single, actually for awhile I was not so single, but it didn’t really matter.

Now here we are a year later still playing our little game. I love our game, I want you to know that, and I love you. So why am I writing a letter to my ex when you obviously aren’t? Because I’m really scared that you’re going to be. I’m terrified that when I do finally get to call you mine I’ll fuck it up and lose you. I’m not sure if I’m willing to face the reality.

I don’t think it will be very long until you and I are actually together and that is so scary. At this point I can’t really lose you, but if we’re together I can. I do not want you to be my ex!

I have this terrible habit of getting bored and cheating on people. I am completely dedicated to not cheating on you or doing any other number of stupid things to put our relationship in jeopardy. I can’t tell you all of this because I’m afraid that you’ll think I’m crazy or just a flat out cheater.

So there you have it. Hopefully I’ll never have to write a letter to my ex about you.

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment