Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hello, this is Your Ex

Thank you for spending time on this site. I'm so excited that my little project seems to be working. We have already had 12 contributors in just a little over a month and 15 page views today alone. I hope that everyone is enjoying reading the letters.

I wanted to talk about a few things. First off, if you like Letters to My Ex, please share the link to the blog with as many people possible. Share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever. We want to get the word out about what we're doing here; everyone needs a safe place to share.

I realized that I didn't make it clear what kind of system was running the site. I am Your Ex and this is my site, I run it 99% of the time. There are 2 other site moderators that can get in to check our emails for new letters and comments.

"Letters" does not have to refer to a big, long formal letter. It can be a short email, a picture with something written on it (think PostSecret), whatever you want. We do not have policies in place about cursing, rude language, etc; I believe that it is important for you to be able to say whatever you need to.That being said, if something offends you, you are pretty much just going to have to not read that letter or possibly this site anymore. I will defend every one's right to free speech, even if that speech upsets someone.

 Thank you to everyone that has sent something in. Anything you send will be kept private. We don't save email address and we delete the original as soon as we send a reply that your letter has been posted and the link to it. Also feel free to send questions or anything really, we love hearing from you and we'll get back to you usually within an hour or two.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Love,
Your Ex

No comments:

Post a Comment